1. So that takes care of the appetizers, we need to move on to the main course. Your package will include three entrees: a beef dish, a chicken dish, and fish dish. We also have some vegetarian options, if you have special needs. Now, we have a lot of options to look at —
2. Time is a little short though, so maybe could you pare it down a little?
1. Of course, miss. Of course I could, but you wouldn’t want to make a choice without knowing all of your options, right? Tell you what, we’ll go through the list and then instead of choosing three of each to sample you can just choose two. Does that sound alright?
3. It won’t take too long, honey.
1. Wonderful! Okay, so first I’ll show you the chicken options. We always take great care to make sure the chicken is cooked perfectly —
2. Let’s just do the options, we don’t need to be sold on the preparation.
3. Sweetheart —
1. Like I was saying, we always make sure that our meat is perfectly tender, so we marinate —
2. I just said not to go into the preparation. Are you even listening to me?
3. Baby, calm down. We’ve got plenty of time. We’re only gonna get married once, we want it to be perfect. Please, sir, continue.
1. The options are —
2. I wish you wouldn’t say that.
1. — a chicken cordon bleu, using only locally sourced ham —
3. Say what?
2. That we’re only getting married once.
3. What’s wrong with saying that?
1. — teriyaki chicken breasts served over —
2. You know it’s not true. Why do you have to rub it in my face?
1. — noodles. A chicken marsala risotto, now this one is —
3. It’s the only time that WE are getting married, dear. I don’t care —
1. — very special, because we use three different types —
3. — about anything else.
1. — of mushrooms —
2. Of course you care about it. Of course you hate it. But it’s not going to change, no matter what. And I wish that you would stop bringing up my ex at every opportunity just to make me feel ashamed as if I don’t already feel bad enough about it. It happened, I married him, and I know it should have been you in the first place but it wasn’t and I was wrong and if you can’t get over it then you’ll need to start getting over me.
3. Wait, where are you going?
1. Shall we reschedule?
[word count: 400]